Embrace Nature Photography Exhibition and Calendar
A Photography Exhibition and 2018 Wellbeing Calendar, linking the conference to the wider community, is being supported by Richmond Wellbeing and Southern Cross Care.
Everyone is invited to participate in this collaborative nature photography project.
Community members may submit a 6 x 8″ (15 x 20cm) print sized digital photo and/or printed entry, inspired by the ‘Embrace Nature’ theme.
The project objectives are to:
- Link the conference to the wider community with the aim of raising the profile of mental health issues
- Promote positive attitudes of mental health within the wider community through the medium of art
- Provide an opportunity for social inclusion and wellbeing of people with disability or mental illness through participation in photography
- Promote the importance of contact with nature and creative practice as tools for recovery and wellbeing
- Facilitate people with a mental illness to be recognised for their talents and not their illness.
During the conference, the entries for the Photography Exhibition will be displayed at the Perth Concert Hall, and delegates will be invited to provide feedback and vote on the Peoples’ Choice Photography Award.
The top 12 entries which receive the most votes will be developed into a 2018 Wellbeing Calendar, with mental health tips and ideas.
Information about how to enter will be available here, early in 2017.