Topic: Mental Health Crisis - How to deal with Child,
Adolescent and Youth Mental Health issues in Primary Care
RACGP Activity # : 154561 ( click to view full details)
When: 10 August 2019
Where: The Duxton, Perth 2019
How Long: Full day - 9am - 5pm
Value: Early Bird Registration: $190 Regular Registration: $225 Mental Health Nurses: Special Price: $95
Special Nurse Registration Option: Click Below
Suicide remains one of the leading causes of death for Australians.
The reasons can be many - from depression to bullying, from home instability to perceived appearance issues. How do you assess? What are the indicators for intervention?
For patients at risk of suicide, GPs and other primary care providers play a vital role. They are often the first port of call for someone who is experiencing suicidal ideations.
RACGP reports that people with mental illness are usually more prone to thoughts of self-harm.
Lifeline reports that:
- The overall suicide rate in 2015 was 12.6 per 100,000 in Australia. This is the highest rate in 10-plus years
- The most recent Australian data (ABS, Causes of Death, 2015) reports deaths due to suicide in 2015 at 3,027
- This equates to more than eight deaths by suicide in Australia each day
- Deaths by suicide in Australia occur among males at a rate three times greater than that for females. However, during the past decade, there has been an increase in suicide deaths by females
- The suicide rate amongst Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples is more than double the national rate. In 2015, suicide accounted for 5.2% of all Indigenous deaths compared to 1.8% for non-Indigenous people
This is a full day interactive workshop style seminar which is a must-attend for anyone interested in child, youth and adolescent mental health.
The program is facilitated by Dr Jags Krishnan and three specialist consultants from the Perth Children's Hospital - Dr Pradeep Rao, Dr Tiziana Buffachi and Dr Vineet Padmanabhan- who will bring you the skills to perform risk assessments, identify and recognise common presentations, and understand access to relevant Medicare item numbers.
REGISTER NOW - Early Bird Price: $190 till 10 JULY 2019
REGULAR PRICE: $225
MENTAL HEALTH NURSES: SPECIAL PRICE: $95
If you are looking for help in creating patient information material in the form of films or brochures or patient literature, we can help you.
- Suicide Prevention information booklets
- Online Education programmes
- Short documentary films
- Whitepapers on suicide prevention
- Patient or Staff Training manuals